Sunday 2 January 2011

Locked Out

OK, so the cricket wasn't today. Thanks to my dad for pointing this out. I must be the only person ever to travel half-way across the world primarily to go and see a cricket match; and not check the dates of said match. Luckily I found out before I set off, (and luckily I was a day early, not late), so no harm done.

Instead, I got the bus to Broadway Shopping Centre, needing a few bits and pieces that I couldn't pick up yesterday. After getting them, and returning back a few hours later, I found that Colette and Rachel had gone to visit some friends way over the other side of town, and I'd left my key on the kitchen table. Brilliant. I managed to pass a few hours for going for a walk, but in the blazing heat, I just wanted to go inside. After sitting on the doormat for an hour and a half playing Angry Birds, I then decided to try and break in (this being the natural thing to do). Sadly, just as I was about to shimmy over the back fence (it's a very secure property), I was stopped. By Colette and Rachel! Literally that minute they arrived back, none the wiser to me being locked out. I told them that I'd just gone for a walk, and didn't tell them the rest.

This evening Chelsea are playing Aston Villa (1.30 English time, which is 12.30 AM Aussie time), so I'm going to stay up (despite still being a bit jet lagged) and watch the double holders fight their way back into the title race. And then tomorrow, I'm eventually going to go to watch some cricket!

For those of you who will be watching on TV, keep an eye out for my big pink flag. I'm not really sure where I'm sitting, but will try and display it prominently!

Until next time,

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment