Tuesday 28 December 2010

Will's Gap Year

Hello - welcome!

For those of you who don't know, I am on a gap year at the moment. For the first five months of this supposedly life-changing experience, I've stayed at home in Lingfield, and done some bits and pieces of work. However, when people talk about their gap years, they talk of the rich and diverse things they do around the world; the interesting people they meet and the wonders that they see. They don't talk about working three shifts a month in the Effingham Park hotel.

So a few weeks ago (and buoyed by England's success in the Ashes) I went onto lastminute.com and booked a flight to Sydney, as well as some tickets to the 5th Ashes test. I then also got a ticket to go to Tasmania, where I'll stay with my second-cousin Colette. Part of my gap year plans have always been to go to South Africa to stay with Godfather Tom, so after I'm finished in Aus I'll probably pop over there for a while.

That's all well and good, I hear you say; but why am I writing this blog? Well, for a few reasons. One is to keep family and friends updated with where I am, and what I'm up to. And another is to act as a sort of diary for my travels, so I can look back at my adventures in a few years all in one place.

I'm going to try and update this fairly regularly, so hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment