Thursday 14 April 2011

Wednesday 6th April - 6.30PM

Wednesday 6th April – Island Vibe, Knysna

A bit of a faf of a day. The Baz Bus was due to pick me up from Mossel Bay at around 1.45, so just to be sure I didn’t miss it, I planned to be around the BPers for 1ish, so I couldn’t go too far away in the morning.

Luckily enough in my walk arount MB, I did manage to find the actual beach (rather than yesterday’s rocks) and what a nice beach it was. Not at all busy, and quite sandy. As all the best beaches should be.

Having now seen all of Mossel Bay at both day and night, I feel informed enough to offer an opinion of it. While it is a nice, quiet, relaxed holiday town, it does feel as though time has moved on a bit without it. The main feature of the town is a giant Jesus cross on the hill, and the whole area seems as though it was built in the 60s and hasn’t changed much since. But still, nice enough place to spend a few hours and relax on the beach.

So after my walking tour of MB finished, I returned to the BPers to wait for the bus. Wait being the operative word. As the only soul in the MB BPers, I sat and waited for 2 ¾ hours while the bus didn’t arrive. Eventually, well after schedule, it did come, but after only about 2 minutes on the bus, the driver stopped for a half hour break so everyone could stretch their legs. My legs are plenty stretched thanks, how about getting on with the journey?

Eventually, a long time after schedule, I alighted and arrived in Knysna. Chelsea are playing tonight against Man U, so I’ve been invited to watch the game with the Chelsea Supporters Club Knysna. It’s been a long and frustrating day, so hopefully the result tonight can make up for it!

Come on the Chels!

No comments:

Post a Comment