Tuesday 5 April 2011

Going Away

I started off this Gap Year blog with the intention of putting up a new post every so friends and family could see what I'd been up to, and know I was safe. However, for one reason or another, I hit a bit of a wall, and have become incredibly lax over the past few months. Sorry.

So here's a quick update since the last post - I went camping, went to a swanky boutique opening, won the Hout Bay quiz, and finally won a game of football. And that's just off the top of my head. I've been having a great time here in Hout Bay, but sadly (for this blog) I've massively neglected to tell you all of this, other than a cursory paragraph rushed out on a Tuesday morning.

So why has it been rushed out in such haste? Well, in a few minutes, I'm leaving Hout Bay. I'm off into the centre of Cape Town, where I'll catch the "Baz Bus". The BB is a hop-on hop-off shuttle bus that travels all around South Africa, stopping at various towns along the way. Over the course of the next week, I'll be working my way along the South African coast to Port Elizabeth and back, and I've got all kinds of exciting things planned, like elephant treks and bungee jumps.

And because I've neglected you, the poor reader, so much, I'm going to make it up to you. South Africa is a big place, so to get from one part to the other takes some time, so I've bought along a pen and my Christmas present of a pad, and will write a diary for the next week. When I get back to Hout Bay (I am without internet for the next week) I will type it all up, so there'll be a bumper set of blogs. Hope that makes it up to you.

Anyway, I'm off to catch the bus, so until next time!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment